Seat Florida Delegates at the Democratic Convention!
Passage of Florida legislative bill HB 537 has caused 2.6 Million voters to become disenfranchised. Democrats made up the bulk of those, with 1.7 million voters. This may have been a manipulation of the legislative process to intentionally influence the outcome of a presidential race. Unless the Republican National Committee and the Democratic National Committees policies are changed, this could happen to you some day. The contents of this website will discuss this bill, what happened; and what you can do to try to reverse this situation and prevent it from recurring. Please help us reinstate the voting rights of Florida Democrats. How you can help:
1. Read our --> Position Summary Section and other details on this website
2. Visit our --> What To Do Page and follow the suggestions there.
3. Add your own comments to our --> Sample Letter & mail it to the DNC.
4. If you are a Florida resident, please join the --> Florida FDR Grassroots Effort
Please keep these facts in mind as you read the contents of this website:
* The Florida Democratic primary election ballot had all democratic candidates listed.
* Florida Dems have been disenfranchised, through no fault of their own
* HB537 was written by a Florida Republican to change Florida's primary date.
* A conflict between a state's legislative rights and DNC & RNC rules caused this.
* The Florida Democratic Party did NOT change this date.
* The Florida legislature has an overwhelming Republican majority.
* The state of Florida has a Republican Governor.
* The citizens of the state of Florida did NOT vote on this date change.
* HB537 was passed in May 2007 & legislatively changed the Florida primary date.
* This date was, and still is, unalterable by the Florida Democrats.
Shame on the Democratic National Committee for:
* Letting Republicans control our Democratic election process.
* Disenfranchising the Democratic voters of Florida, again!
* Ignoring their agreement to ensure voting rights for all Democratic voters.
* Potentially stifling the Democratic party contribution flow from Florida.