How about an update GBA?
How about an update GBA?
I know this was GBA's baby but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I kept it going, I've tried and delighted my tastebuds with many of his recipes.
FETA AND HERB STUFFED NUGGET PUMPKIN WITH ROCKET PESTO
1 golden nugget pumpkin
¼ cup cream
100g Persian feta, crumbled
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
25g wild rocket leaves
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, quartered
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Lightly grease an oven tray.
Cut top off pumpkin; scoops out seeds. Microwave pumpkin on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes. Place pumpkin on tray.
Whisk egg and cream in a small bowl; stir in feta and herbs. Pour mixture into pumpkin; bake about 25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and filling is just set.
Meanwhile, make rocket pesto.
Serve pumpkin topped with rocket pesto.
Rocket pesto Blend ingredients until smooth.
Here's a twist on my family's traditional Pierogi recipe... it takes less time as opposed to making the dough pockets... I did this for dinner during the holidays... thought I'd have leftovers, but everyone devoured the rolls! This makes for a good dinner that you can freeze for later...
Give it a shot... Hope you enjoy!
Meat Pierogi Dinner Roll
Meat Mix Ingredients:
2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 lbs. Ground Pork
2 ½ Cups Plain Bread Crumbs
½ Cup Minced Onions
¼ Cup Minced Garlic
3 Tbs. Worcestershire Powder
¼ Cup Shiraz (Red Wine)
1 Stick Melted Butter
Roll Mix Ingredients:
2 Boxes Bread Mix… White or Hawaiian (Krust-Ez Brand works well)
Preparation: Meat Mix
1. Brown beef and pork… drain off juice.
2. Combine meat into mixing bowl. Mix slowly with a power mixer while adding the dry ingredients one at a time until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. After all ingredients are mixed, put the mix into a food processor. Use the chop blade.
5. Chop the mix to the consistency of a pâté’ (add water if needed to adjust consistency if needed)
Preparation: Bread Mix
1. Follow the instructions on the box to create dough.
2. Roll the dough to create a sheet approx. 1/8” thick.
3. Cut dough sheet to a rectangular shape for ease of rolling. (Approx. 5” X 10”)
Preparation: Creating the Roll
1. Spread the meat mix onto the dough sheet. Approx. ¼” thick. Leave about 1/2” dough exposed for sealing roll.
2. Roll the dough. Wet the end to seal the roll.
3. Mix and dough makes approx. 6 rolls.
Preparation: Bake the Rolls
1. Place the Rolls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 for approx. 40 minutes. Bake times will differ, so just watch the dough for browning.
2. About 5 minutes before removing the rolls from the oven, butter the tops of the rolls and bake for the remaining time.
3. Remove from oven. Allow rolls to rest for 5 minutes, slice and then serve.
Note: An option is to drizzle blackberry vinaigrette onto the roll before serving… this adds a really nice snap to the texture and flavor!
Last edited by Axeman; 01-10-2009 at 05:09 PM.
I miss you Ernie... voice of the Tigers and of my life for 40 years... Sleep well.