+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syria: Anyone here heard of Farid Ghandry?

Neopartisan
    "I've done it with crustaceans." -Mars S.

Default Syria: Anyone here heard of Farid Ghandry?

He is my current peron of interest. And it's starting to look interesting indeed.

He has publicly claimed to not be "Syria's Ahmed Chalabi".

But....

Anybody out there with a good nose who pulls up what I'm getting?

Neopartisan

Default Re: Syria: Anyone here heard of Farid Ghandry?

Well, the person who rated this thread must know something about him.

Please, speak up. I will eventually. But it's your chance now.

http://www.reformsyria.org/

Mr. Ghadry graduated from the American University in Washington DC in 1979 with a degree in Finance and Marketing. He worked at EG&G, Intertech, Inc., a subsidiary of EG&G, Inc., a Fortune 500 U.S. defense contractor, for two years before starting his own business in 1983 called International TechGroup, Inc. Mr. Ghadry sold his business in 1989 and has been involved in many entrepreneurial operations since.
    http://www.reformsyria.org/Misc/bio_...d_n_ghadry.htm
    Last edited by Ethyl; 04-17-2006 at 08:49 PM.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

----------) Everyone will have their words to say, (----------
    Find the words to help you find your way.
    -Amy Grant

Neopartisan

Quote Originally Posted by Ethyl
    Yes, you're starting now. Before I start posting specifics, I'd like to see if anyone else comes up with the same info. Hints: Liz Cheney, John Hannah, Francis Brooke.

I've seen the name Daniel Pipes appear.

Something about this company also.
    http://www.urscorp.com/EGG_Division/
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

-Amy Grant

Neopartisan

Take your time. Cross reference. Here's the thing that I don't think anyone will get...the link between Ghandry and Brooke. I only connected it on a fluke, and I can't damn well prove it since an old Brooke link has been removed.

Oh, also...Abramoff, of course.

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/Joshua...-ghadry-as.htm

QUESTIONER: Thank you. Farid Ghadry, Reform Party of Syria. Thank you, Mr. Sharansky. I wish 18 million Syrian could have heard your speech. You have given them a lot of hope.

MR. SHARANSKY: Well, maybe we'll put my book in Arabic.

[Laughter.]

QUESTIONER: There you go. I wanted just to make a small statement. Dissidence inside Syria is getting stronger. There's a nascent democratic force that's rising. It's still behind the scene. It's still hiding. We're in contact with them. But they're getting stronger and stronger, and we're delighted to see that.

The notion that if the regime of Assad today is removed, that extremist Islamists will take power in Syria is far from the truth. Syria is a secular country today. And if we had parliament today, and free voting in Syria, 15, 20 percent probably of the population will vote for the Islamists or the Islamic Brotherhood, which is exactly the same number of parliamentarians in the Jordanian system. So there's no threat today from those forces.

However, if we don't have a new policy for Syria that we can aggressively pursue from this country for the next four years, three years from now we may look back and we say, "How did we let the Islamists just grow and grow and grow, and why didn't we do anything about it today?"

My question to you--and it may sound a little bit illogical--but my question to you relates to the country of Israel. How could a country like Israel, which is a democracy, help grow the democracy inside Syria, help grow the democracy for Syrians?

MR. SHARANSKY: Well, I'll tell you frankly that I think our opportunities of Israel to influence actively on encouraging of democracy in Syria are very limited, though of course it is America and Europe who have to lead this policy. But what Israel can do, and should do, we should not make any concessions to the dictators, and that's why--you know, when it came to the negotiations with Syria about Golan, the party which I created, it was written in its platform the paragraph which was ridiculed by left and right in Israel. It said that the depth of our concessions should be the depth of democratic reforms in Syria. And those on the right who didn't want any concession said it's ridiculous. What it has to do with democracy? And those of the left, who were saying it's ridiculous. There will never be democracy in Syria. So we shall always--forever we'll keep Golan.

But I believe that's building truth of this principle. We can make our contribution to encouraging democracy, but the answer has to be given, of course, in the capitals of the free world. And I think--I don't know what you think--that some of the decisions of the American administration of the last year are going in this direction.
    http://www.aei.org/events/filter.,ev...transcript.asp

Daniele Capezzone: United States of Europe and America for a World Democracy Organization
    http://www.aei.org/events/filter.all...transcript.asp
    So I agree that we need something better than the U.N., something closer to the ideal of what the U.N. should be and less similar to the bloated bureaucracy--a bureaucracy with very ambitious aims to be a kind of world government.

But I think I disagree with you when you say that we can create this caucus inside the U.N. And that's because, since the Warsaw congress and then the Seoul meeting, there's been virtually no movement on this. If a hundred foreign ministers gather in the names of their governments, they gather again, they proclaim an idea, and the idea doesn't get anywhere, that suggests to me that it's not very realistic. And the Community of Democracies has not yet been recognized by the U.N. even at the NGO level, let alone at the General Assembly level.

So it's only an idea, and the democracies have got nowhere. And that's because there are countries in whose interests it is not to pursue this process. The system of regional voting is still firmly embedded, and those countries will simply--the non-democracies will simply not permit the Community of Democracies process to become the dominant process in the U.N.

So I think, if we want to get anywhere, we need to take it outside of the U.N. process. The Canadian former prime minister, Brian Mulroney, has proposed a San Francisco II--a new treaty, a new charter for democracies only. This would not imply getting rid of the U.N. The U.N. could still continue as long as members would pay for its operations. It could even be useful in handling some of the soft issues--say, combatting disease through the World Health Organization, some of the gathering of statistics. Perhaps we even need a body where democracies and non-democracies could meet and debate their disputes. But if we really want a community of democracies, we have to start from scratch--a new treaty, new rules of membership, and new rules of legitimacy. Such a body would make sense if it gained the powers to do the things that the U.N., as currently constituted, cannot do.

So for example, we could pronounce that only democracies are sovereign, only democracies agree not to interfere in one another's internal affairs, but that dictatorships are fair game because they do not represent their own people. We, as the majority of the world's countries and the democracies of the world, we grant ourselves the right to intervene on behalf of the peoples of those countries against the dictatorships that oppress them. In fact, it's been done already. We've done it in Kosovo. It was the first humanitarian intervention--of course, without U.N. blessing, because the U.N. is simply incapable of making such an argument.
    Last edited by Ethyl; 04-17-2006 at 09:21 PM.

-Amy Grant

Neopartisan

Not bad, but you're still just starting. What's Mr. Ghandry's home address and phone number? What functions has he opened his home to? Which of these functions might have related to high ranking members of Chalabi's INC?

Creepy, isn't it? It's all information that he has made available online.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    Not bad, but you're still just starting. What's Mr. Ghandry's home address and phone number? What functions has he opened his home to? Which of these functions might have related to high ranking members of Chalabi's INC?

Creepy, isn't it? It's all information that he has made available online.
    No Lou

United States of Europe and America for a World Democracy Organization

THAT is fucking creepy.

email?
    Last edited by Ethyl; 04-17-2006 at 09:23 PM.

-Amy Grant

Ghadry, Farid N. Mr. (Stoney Inv./Businessman), (Zip code: 20854) $2000 to ROS-LEHTINEN FOR CONGRESS on 08/10/04
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...d=1&lr=lang_en
    Last edited by Ethyl; 04-17-2006 at 09:36 PM.

-Amy Grant

+ Reply to Thread