Post tasty chicken recipes here:
Athenian-Style Chicken Kabobs
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
1 (10 ounce) package NEAR EAST® Original Plain Couscous
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Thread chicken, red pepper, zucchini and red onion alternately onto 4 skewers; baste once with yogurt mixture. Discard yogurt mixture.
2. Grill or broil kabobs 4 to 5 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes. Turn kabobs and grill an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
3. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Stir in feta and parsley, if desired. Serve kabobs over bed of couscous.
1 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large glass bowl mix lemon juice, vegetable oil, vinegar, oregano, and garlic powder. Place chicken pieces in the bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
3. On the prepared grill, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Periodically brush chicken with the remaining marinade mixture while cooking. Discard any leftover marinade.
Bessy's Zesty Grilled Garlic-Herb Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon saffron
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1 pinch dried sage
1. Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, sugar, honey, saffron, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and sage. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover, and marinate 20 to 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the grill for medium heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until exterior is charred and juices run clear.
Chicken Pasta Salad
12 ounces rotini pasta
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
4 roma (plum) tomato, diced
1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken strips with lemon pepper and garlic powder. Broil in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cool chicken. Cut into bite size pieces.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked pasta, chicken, quartered tomatoes, and feta cheese.
4. Serve with Italian dressing poured over top of pasta.
Special Chicken Teriyaki
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce and mayonnaise. Add the chicken, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill for medium heat. When the grill is hot, lightly brush the grate with oil.
3. Place the chicken onto the grill with a thick coating of the marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Cook for about 10 minutes per side, or until chicken is firm and juices run clear.