Um okay, I can agree with that.GFG the sheer ridiculousness of this never ceases to amaze me and it amazes me that it's still continuing.
1) the form of birth certificate that obama showed can be allowed to get your drivers license in Hawaii.
2) the director of the dept of health for the state of hawaii verified that Obama's birth certificate is there, that she has seen the original record and that he was born in Hawaii. Any other information doesn't need to be released to the public and isn't pertinent to his being a citizen of the US. I don't care if it lists a father, doesn't list a father, lists his race as Caucasian or black who the fuck cares.
3) they've published birth announcements - which come from the dept of health in hawaii - that were printed in the newspapers when he was born. These aren't announcements that come from some relative.
4) the short form doesn't change the fact that he was born in Hawaii. You can't get a short form from Hawaii stating you were born in Hawaii. Yes you could get a short form if you were born in another location but it would list the location they were born in it wouldn't suddenly say 'hawaii'
5) Candidates are not required to reveal all their medical records. Candidates are not required to reveal all their personal information - college transcripts, nor should they. If they want to, go for it.
6) he could produce 20 copies of the long form and people would still not believe it so why bother. He could produce that and they'd want to see some other documents. He's under zero obligation to set conspiracy theorist straight and to repeatedly address conspiracy theories again sets a dangerous precedent. McCain refused to release his when the crap about his birth location came up. I sincerely don't believe there would be this big of a deal about it years later - especially if he had released one form of it.
7) I have no problem if there was a body created or a process initiated to evaluate the eligibility of ALL candidates to verify their documentation. Hell a panel of 3 unrelated judges from different locations in the US could be provided the information and verify the documentation and be done with it.
Of course what links, how many links I post won't matter because 1) people won't read and 2) people will continue to believe what they want.
Dude has not been impressive by any measure as a president. He's been barely passable on some things and a disappointment on many others. However, the sheer number of lies and bullshit that have circulated due to whatever bizarre reasons is beyond ludicrous. And the sheer stupidity of people is beyond depressing but I suppose it shouldn't be surprising.